First of all, as I told in my previous article; I am again telling here, reason for updating article; why you need to update an article. You need to update your each article because updated article ranks, top in search engine results and is crawled more, by search engines. So, always do it.
Now, comes article update tips, stating and elaborating, how can you update an article and they are, given below one by one: -
By adding text content to article–
Yes, first simple method, of updating an article is that you can add, more text content to article. Yes, you canadd more text content to your article, when updating it; but remember, while adding additional text content to your article, add only that text content; which is related to your article and not unrelated to your article.
- Because, if you will add additional text content, which is totally unrelated to article title and to previous article body text content, to update the article; then that won’t make any sense and there will be, no use of updating article then.
- So add, more text content to your article to update it; but only that, which is related to your article and your article text body content.
By doing innovative changes, in title and teaser of article–
Yes, you can update your article, by making some innovative changes in title and teaser of article. What do mean by innovative changes? Innovative changes mean, creating something new; which is more appealing, inspiring and useful.
- For example –article title and teaser, which you used last time in your article; if you feel that it is not appealing, inspiring or motivating reader to click, on article link or to read the article; then you can make, some innovative changes in title and teaser of your article; by replacing old boring title and teaser of your article, with more motivating and appealing title and teaser.
- But remember, while doing so, do not add unrelated title or teaser to your article; add title and teaser related to your article topic and article body content.
By adding image to article–
Yes, it is most easy way of, updating an article and also very less time consuming way. Yes, you can add an image to your article, to update it.
- If last time, you have not added, an image to your article; then you can add image related to your article niche, in your article; when you are updating it.
- But, if you have submitted an image, last time in your article; then you can replace it, with better image; more specifically elaborating your article theme.
- But, if the image you used last time, in your article, is best and you do not want to replace it; then keep it. In that case, you can add image caption or image title; if you do not want to replace your old article image.
- How many images,
By adding innovative tags, to your article tag section–
Yes, you can update your article, by adding innovative tags, related to your article; if last time, tags which you added, were unrelated to your article and not appealing.
- Which kind of innovative changes, to do in tags; while updating an article? Well, while doing innovative changes, to tags of your article; then try, to innovate (create or make) some short phrases and some long phrases, related to your article and use them as tags, in tag section of your article.
By updating links in your article–
Yes, you can update your article; by updating links in your article. How to update links in your article? You can update links in your article, by replacing the old article links; with new article links, which are more specifically related to your article.
- But, if you have already done this and do not want to change article links; then you can hyperlink them.
- But, if you have done this also; then you can make some innovative changes, to text content of hyperlink.
By improving formatting of your article–
Yes, you can update your article; by properly formatting it. But, if you have already done proper formatting of your article, when you submitted it last time; then you can improve, formatting of your article this time; to excellent level, when you are updating it.
By doing spell-check, grammar check and punctuation check of your article–
Yes, you can update your article; by doing spell-check, grammar check and punctuation check of your article and if you found any mistake during these checks, then correct them. So, you can update your article, by correcting mistakes; which comes during these checks.